Monday, June 20, 2011

Bianca Marinara

Last Friday night Bianca invited me to her East Village apartment for dinner.  One of the perks of having a cousin at NYU is getting to breezily mention that I have dinner plans in the East Village - the poser in me has always wanted to say that.  I predict in a few months (...days? No, minutes) a strong urge to delete the previous sentence from the Internet Public Record.  The least favorite part of having a cousin in the East Village is five flights of extremely steep stairs.  In hindsight I should have carbo-loaded prior to dinner.  Carol and Sarah are visiting in July - if you are reading this ladies, I suggest you start training now.  

This chef is a bit camera shy. 

To be honest, other then a shot of garlic in a pan I didn't get too many action shots of B in the kitchen, with the exception of this one, where Bianca's friend Jesse bagged an assist in the browning of the ground beef.  They didn't know I took it, so no blurry shots of the chefs trying to dart out of shot.   Note I took this sitting on the living room couch, which was against the wall, and I'd say this photo accurately represents the distance at which I was sitting.  This apartment is NY small, but honestly really charming.  

Small kitchen, great meal. 

Like Bianca, Jesse is a native Northern Californian, which may explain why she just casually threw together a simple but perfect argula salad (on the coffee table, no less) dressed with lemon, olive oil, salt, and parmesan.  Could I do that at 23?  Doubt it.  

Edible Italian Flag

After dinner Bianca, her roommate Sunny, Jesse, and I went dancing on Ludlow Street in the Lower East Side.  I took this photo in the bathroom of the first bar we went to, Dark Room.  A perfect summary of my current, conflicted thoughts on romance. 

"Do not fall in love"  /  "Love is Possible"  

Update: I just noticed I didn't swear once in this blogpost.  Aww shit. 

1 comment: